From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 17:17:45 EDT

    I don't understand why my arguments are confusing for this reason. I hope I did not leave the impression that I think evolution entails the assumption that pre-determined designs are not possible. Evolutionary thinking arose from the claim that divine action *ought not* occur very often, not that it *cannot* occur, or that divine action necessarily has limited efficacy.

  This is not my view (or Asa Gray's or Charles Hodge's or B.B. Warfield's). Divine action occurs continually in my opinion. However, as my post to Al earlier today pointed, such divine action is not necessarily scientifically detectable. Those who claim that evolution implies no or little divine action are simply mistaken. They are asserting a theological claim that can't be supported theologically or scientifically.

       Hence any kind of "creationist" view whether ID or YEC should be termed Punctuated Naturalism or Semi -desim as Hooykaas called it in his classic book on Uniformity. Cornelius seems to imply that God is only active some of the time when He does a bit of fruther creation.

      I am at one wtih Terry and his 19th century supporters

      Michael