Re: The Fall

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 04:32:03 EDT

But, and this is very important, it has no effect on any understanding of
the atonement of Christ, despite what AIG and ICR says.

I could expand that at length.

Also this was not seen as a problem by Evangelicals or Roman Catholics when
the implications of an old earth were first manifest in c1800, and thus they
allowed animal death before the Fall yet retained a strong substitutionary
view of the atonement with no concern at all (and bafflement at those like
Mortenson's Scriptural Geologists who thought it destroyed atonement)

Michael

Michael