Re: The Fall

From: Don Nield <d.nield@auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 16:36:54 EDT

I agree with the general tenor of David C's remarks, but I will clarify
one aspect. David asks

"What do the fossil record and genetic investigations have to do with
the doctrine of original sin? "

My answer is that they rule out the Answers in Genesis (e.g Sarfati &
Ham) interpretation which is based on the assumption that Genesis 1-11
is strictly historical.
Don