From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 14:35:16 EDT

Bob,
You apparently haven't realized that Hunter is using strong Humpty Dumpty
semantics. HD's own view was that, when he used a word, it meant exactly
what he intended it to mean. But here the stronger version requires that
the encounter of a word means what the reader/hearer wants it to mean.
Therefore whatever Dobshansky intended, his definite Christian faith,
don't matter. Hunter reads it as a denial of the very possibility of
faith. You are attempting to rationally analyze the situation. I do not
know how you can.
Dave

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:24:28 -0400 "Robert Schneider"