Re: [ACG] Re: Arv Edgeworth

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 15:25:27 EDT

Just an interesting point. Two men shared a cabin on the Beagle from Dec
1831 to October 1836, one was a racist and supported slavery, the other was
not a racist and loathed slavery with everything he had got in him. The pair
once had a flaming row about slavery. But then one was rapidly becoming a
YEC or scriptural geologist in those days, and the other was evolving into
an evolutionist, which he became two years after his return. The racist was
Fitzroy and I dare not name the other!

But then Ken we know how some YECs have rubbished the faith of your
colleagues.

I also think we should refuse to refer to YECs as Creationists and insist
that as Christians we believe in the Creator and are therefore Creationists.
This can be done with a level of humour. I at times insist that I am a
biblical and scientific creationist!

I liked the other Kenn's post.

Also Cornelius on the ASA site is completely misusing the term "creation"
because as a Christian Dobhansky believed in creation. But then both ID and
YEC thrive on a flexible use of words .

Michael