From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 15:11:30 EDT

Cornelius,

Be that as it may (and I'm not sure I agree with you on this), even
as a scientific statement, no other explanation comes close to being
successful in unifying biology the evolution does. I, for one, do not
say it as an "outside of science" truth claim, but, rather, as an
"inside of science" claim, i.e. its success as an explanatory theory/
framework is unsurpassed--in other words there is scientific warrant
for evolution to have the unifying role that it has in biology.

FWIW, I've finished your book Darwin's God recently and hope to
interact with you substantially on a variety of issues.
Unfortunately, the press of other duties has prevented me thus far.

TG