RE: Public perceptions of science: was Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 12:46:03 EDT

Whether a virus is alive or not is still an open-ended question since we do not know how to characterize the essence of living entities. Accordingly, viruses can be studied as being little more than strands of DNA or RNA covered by a protein coating and thus fall clearly on the side of being assemblies of atoms and molecules

Moorad