Re: God's history (Was God the interactor)

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 06:59:14 EDT

This is going nowhere. As long as you spout conclusions and fail to explain
your reasoning, it will continue to go nowhere. When you first claimed that
(words to the effect that) "for God to tinker with the creation implies he
couldn't get it right the first time" I was interested in your reasoning. I
first pointed out that "tinker" didn't fit, because like you I acknowledge
God's omniscience and his omnipotence. Then you stated that for a timeless
being to enter time was illogical. Don Winterstein and I have both tried to
point out in different ways that in a restricted sense God may be able to enter
time -- in part anyway. But I see your responses as bluster. I'd like to have a
meaningful discussion, but I guess it's not possible.

--- "D. F. Siemens, Jr." <dfsiemensjr@juno.com> wrote:

> This assumes that God's awareness must be like our awareness. All our
> knowledge is in time. All our communication involves one word following
> another in time. Even God's communication to us is a step by step process
> at our end. This is not a restriction on omniscience. Indeed, your
> approach requires pitting omnipotence against omniscience, which is
> incoherent.
> Dave
>
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:31:22 -0700 (PDT) Bill Hamilton
> <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com> writes:
>

> "D. F. Siemens, Jr." <dfsiemensjr@juno.com> wrote:
> If
> I am shown a contradiction in my effort, then I'll go back to the drawing
> board.
> It seems to me that you are omitting consideration of God's omnipotence.
> If God can create time, then it must be possible for him to in some way
> experience it. Not because he needs to, but because it pleases him to
> experience it.
>

> Bill Hamilton
> William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
> 586.986.1474 (work) 248.652.4148 (home) 248.303.8651 (mobile)
> "...If God is for us, who is against us?" Rom 8:31

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.