Re: Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

From: janice matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 19:45:39 EDT

At 04:33 PM 9/4/2005, Pim van Meurs wrote:
>It pays off to read the paper in question as it presents a much better
>understanding as to why this is the case.
>
>The paper itself states " However, this should not be surprising. It can
>be proven that most claimed research findings are false."
>
>Interesting study which shows why science is such a challenging endeavor.
>
>*dila813 on http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1473915/posts explained
>it quite well*
>
>Pim
>
>What's your conclusion Janice?

## My conclusion? Follow the money. Money, power, and approval from
their peers is what motivates those who engage in junk science and the
religion of scientism. They outnumber serious scientists 99 to 1. Many
of them teach their religion of scientism in science classes in the public
schools.

If children come out of the tax-payer funded schools believing that man
will "destroy the planet" unless the USA signs the Kyoto "treaty", they
have not learned "science" in science class.

That is going to stop.

Janice