Re: God's history (Was God the interactor)

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 16:08:20 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "D. F. Siemens, Jr." <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
To: <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Cc: <gmurphy@raex.com>; <asa@lists.calvin.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: God's history (Was God the interactor)

> Bill,
> Don't tell me I don't understand. Show that my statements are
> inconsistent. You haven't done this, just shown that you don't understand
> timelessness. George has quoted Augustine in connection with the view I
> have been presenting. So the notion of a temporal deity has been
> recognized as self-stultifying for more than my lifetime.

No, no, no. The sentence I quoted from Augustine, that God did not create
the world in time but with time, does NOT mean either that God in God's own
life is immutable or that God is not able to participate in the space-time
universe that God has created. Augustine may have thought those things but
that's another matter.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/