Re: God's history (Was God the interactor)

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 14:58:41 EDT

Bill,
Don't tell me I don't understand. Show that my statements are
inconsistent. You haven't done this, just shown that you don't understand
timelessness. George has quoted Augustine in connection with the view I
have been presenting. So the notion of a temporal deity has been
recognized as self-stultifying for more than my lifetime.

The closest I have found to your position within orthodoxy is a view, I
think promoted by Craig, that the non-temporal deity became temporal when
he created the universe. It apparently requires that the deity in
eternity past understood the whole of time, but now has to wait to act.
Did the Godhead dumb himself down, or did the Second Person empty
himself? The first option seems to me silly. The second provides for our
redemption.
Dave