Re: God the interactor (was God the tinkerer)

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 23:58:29 EDT

George,
I'm trying to figure what I have dodged. In previous messages I have
included:
30 Aug.
 It is obvious that the Redeemer entered time, becoming human.

25 Aug.
 I've encountered philosophers who argued that Christianity is
nonsensical because it is impossible for the eternal to join the
temporal. They are right if the union is simple, but scripture declares
that the eternal Son emptied himself to take on the form of a servant. I
cannot imagine a mechanism whereby divine and human spirit become one,
but there is abundant evidence that Jesus of Nazareth was uniquely
special while on earth.

23 Aug.
I have not been shown that a strict orthodox theology is inconsistent. I
contend that there are usually subtle inconsistencies in positions that
vary from orthodoxy.

Further, as a member of ASA for well over 40 years, I have subscribed to
the statement of faith as it was and as it is. I affirm the ecumenical
creeds and the Apostles' Creed. Yes, the Word became flesh. Jesus of
Nazareth is the incarnate God.

Is this now enough?
Dave

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:21:47 -0400 "George Murphy" <gmurphy@raex.com>