Odds and Ends (was Re: How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?)

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 18:29:25 EDT

Gentlemen,

I am surprised that you feel able to enter into a meaningful discussion on the true nature of the Bible's first chapter whilst continuing to ignore the numero-geometrical phenomena that manifestly undergird its opening words. You surely cannot be unaware of these persisting realities for both Iain and I, from time to time, have attempted to bring them to your attention. Let me again remind you of what Iain wrote in early June:

"I would like to point out that having taken the time to look into Vernon's work on the numerics, it is my opinion that there is much more to it than either Glenn's parody, or much of Panin's work. No-one so far has responded to Vernon's comment about coordinated geometries. This is far more difficult IMO to write off as coincidence than the accumulation of many multiples of 7 (or 5 in Glenn's case). I realise that this may not be most peoples' cup of tea, and I have spent some time myself looking into it before coming to my conclusions. I think there may be principled scientific ways of explaining it (possibly using Kolmogorov complexity theory), but I can't give a definitive statement as yet."

I think Iain would now agree that neither Kolmogorov nor, indeed, any other complexity theorist is likely to be able to explain away the mounting evidence for the _standing miracle_ that has been installed at this portal to the Judeo-Christian Scriptures. My recent findings supporting this contention are summarised in the following two pages which deal specifically with the coordinated geometries referred to above:

http://homepage.virgin.net/tgvernon.jenkins/Astounding.htm
http://homepage.virgin.net/tgvernon.jenkins/OE_OddEnd.htm

May I suggest that the implications of these facts are far-reaching, and must certainly demand a major rethink of our Christian committment, and of the nature and ways of our Creator. What better place to begin this appraisal then than a forum of distinguished scientists and Christians?

Vernon