Re: How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 09:14:50 EDT

My understanding of what literally means in the context of how people
interpret Genesis 1 is to say "It does what it says on the tin". On
the tin it says that God created the world in seven days. Randy's
"completeness" interpretation is not literal, except in the sense that
"evening" and "morning" are literally the beginning and ending of a
working day, but the working day itself is then interpreted as a
symbol.

Iain

--
Those who can count and those who can't.