Re: How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 03:06:00 EDT

Randy,

I like very much your ideas about "completeness", but I think you are
trying to have your cake and eat it by claiming this is a literal
interpretation. Certainly "evening" and "morning" are literally the
beginning and ending of a day, but the "day" then has surely to be
seen as a metaphor for "completeness" & hence, as a metaphor, it is a
literary device. When a YEC person insists on a literal
interpretation, they mean literal 24h days, not that the day is a
symbol of completeness.

Best,
Iain

--
Those who can count and those who can't.