Re: How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 16:24:15 EDT

I might as well pile on. The type of view espoused by Iain, Glenn & Peter seems to de-emphasize the genuinely creative power of the Word of God, an important biblical theme that reaches its climax in the Johannine prologue. When God speaks, things happen - e.g., Jer.23:29. There's a big difference between that picture & one of God setting out a schedule of events that are later to be accomplished in some other way. This is not at all to deny that in Gen.1 living things are created mediately - a point I have long emphasized - but that happens because of God's Word.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/