Re: Latest from ICR

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 11:27:59 EDT

>>This is why I hope views like hers don't win. She would enforce her
with coercion. >>

A case could be made that views like hers are winning -- in the same
sense that I assert YECs have won. I don't know how strong a case could
be made, however. The percentage of USAers that do not affirm any
theistic view has been going up in recent years -- that may be because
there is now very little social approbation expressed against such views
(unless you live in the Bible Belt states).

As to your last sentence, I think not. She is sometimes seen at our
church services (she lives 50 miles away and is in Rico usually only on
Saturdays to open the library). She is a reasonably open minded lady, and
a friend -- we both enjoy books on the Revolution days and I write book
reviews for her in the local paper. She has a heart for children.

But I'll ask her sometime. It might get an interesting conversation
going.

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/anony.htm (Review of THE ANONYMOUS GOD)