Re: How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?

From: Peter Cook <pwcook@optonline.net>
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 22:25:39 EDT

Ian,

I expect that where some people get in trouble is that the story presents a
view that there was an original state, and it changed; God pronounces that
state "good" or "very good", and that seems to indicate that we were not
created (whatever that means) fallen, but became fallen.

That we are in that state now, and in need of redemption, is what we must
deal with today, but what is presented seems to imply that it was not always
so.

Peter