Re: Global warming problems in homeschool text

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 15:44:39 EDT

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Glenn Morton wrote:

> There was recently a request from David Campbell about info on global
> warming. Yesterday I flew over the pole and saw the northern coast of
> Greenland. The scarcity of glaciers was interesting. If global warming is
> merely an agenda on the part of the anti-capitalist left, where are the
> glaciers up there? I posted my observations (with some pictures) at
>
> http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showpost.php?p=1171492&postcount=1

I have read that the northern coast of Greenland is one of the driest
places on earth. It takes both cold and precipitation for glaciers to
exist. The largest glaciers in Alaska are on the southern slopes of the
mountains along the southern coast of that state.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0395