Re: tinkering God

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 15:25:52 EDT

Jim,
You've hit the crux of a grave difficulty. I've encountered philosophers
who argued that Christianity is nonsensical because it is impossible for
the eternal to join the temporal. They are right if the union is simple,
but scripture declares that the eternal Son emptied himself to take on
the form of a servant. I cannot imagine a mechanism whereby divine and
human spirit become one, but there is abundant evidence that Jesus of
Nazareth was uniquely special while on earth. This is radically different
from two states of a substance, for I think that the state of a molecule
cannot be both gas and liquid simultaneously, though I have to admit that
I don't understand the triple point
Dave.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:55:23 -0700 "Jim Armstrong" <jarmstro@qwest.net>