Re: tinkering God

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 12:55:23 EDT

Yuh! Ask me something easy to explain!!

Actually, I don't think the change of state per se and its temporalness
is particularly germane to this parallel. I wasn't talking about
either/or here.

I was thinking more of existing simultaneously in two different
"states", as does water in the specific "expressions" of vapor and ice.
The vapor is not shape/volume constrained, but the ice is. Yet the two
forms are essentially the same substance, and in the same domain of
existence. I'm just thinking out loud here, looking for a way to suggest
that God might "reasonably" exist simultaneously in and outside of
time. Isn't that sort of what is implicit with taking Jesus to be
incarnate time-constrained deity? [This gets very complicated for me
where the time-constrained diety speaks to himself in the form of the
non-constrained self - very confusing]. I'm just poking at the idea that
the time-constrained existence is just a special case (subset?) of the
greater reality that God "inhabits". JimA