new hominid fossil from Georgia (former Soviet state)

From: Mccarrick, Alan D CIV NSWCCD Philadelphia, 9212 <alan.mccarrick@navy.mil>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 08:43:37 EDT

Has anybody been following the news of a 1.5 million year fossil skull found in Georgia ? Apparently bones and fragments have been located in the past, but the skull is recently found and in good shape. I have not read anything, just radio news items. At that age, I suppose that it must be H. erectus.

Glen, It was wonderful to spend a little time with you at Messiah. I thought this item would be interesting for you too.

Al