Gospel of Thomas: (was How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?)

From: Don Nield <d.nield@auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 22:08:48 EDT

 The Gnostic documents from Nag Hammadi are generally 2nd C or later,
not 1st C. In fact John Drane (Introduction to the New Testament,
(1999), p. 235) says that the Gospel of Thomas in its present form seems
to date from about the fourth century. Also, "Jesus says" should read
"Jesus is reported as saying".
Don

Don

-