Re: Bush and creationism

From: Peter Cook <pwcook@optonline.net>
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 21:05:12 EDT

If ID is taught as science, this might not be such a bad thing, as
everything I have seen suggests that it is not so much science as a
metaphysical viewpoint, and if it is revealed as such, maybe some of the
noise will die down.

It would be even better if we had some courses that taught not just the
current body of scientific understanding (although in most public schools,
"current" is not quite the right word) but something more of what science
overall is, how it works, etc., and what its strengths and weaknesses are.
While my own children are past the public school age (the youngest is now
finishing up college), I would rather they were taught this, than taught
that this or that "scientific" view proves or disproves any particular
theological or metaphysical position.