Re: How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 21:15:10 EDT

--- "D. F. Siemens, Jr." <dfsiemensjr@juno.com> wrote:

> By the way, a God who has to tinker to get things right seems to fit the
> notion that the deity is not bright enough to get it right from the
> beginning. But a proper theology has him omnipotent and omniscient.

I agree that God does not _have_ to tinker with things to get them right.
Suppose however, that He _likes_ to tinker, to interact with His creation. I
like Howard Van Till's functional integrity concept very much, but I don't
believe that precludes God from on occasion "getting His hands dirty".

Having said all this, I would add though that the Bible seems to me to chiefly
be a record of God's dealings with men. If He intervenes anywhere, it is
chiefly in the affairs of men.

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.