Re: Global warming

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 13:27:18 EDT

I'd be cautious about taking a strong position that yes, human intervention is causing global warming, or no, it's all balderdash. There is conflicting evidence, and my understanding is that it's not clear whether the amount of warming we've experienced is due to burning of fossil fuels or is caused by other factors. After all there have been significant climatic variations in the past.

So I would opt to teach students that yes, there has been significant warming, and we ought to try to reduce our contribution to global warming, but let's not get hysterical about it.

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.