Re: How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?

From: Sheila Wilson <sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 09:00:27 EDT

I have struggled with the same questions but I know my relationship with God. This will sound strange but I have chosen to follow God even if He lies to me. Of course, God is truth, He cannot lie. The Bible says He is not a man that He should lie. I believe that but . . . sometimes it still seems like He lies to me. Ask Sarah when God told her she would have a baby in her old age. Ask Mary and John as they watched Jesus die on the cross. Ask any parent who lost a child. God is good all the time. His mercies are new every morning. His name is Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Everlasting Father.

Hold on to the real truths. Live out the relationship.

Sheila

Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd welcome peoples' opinions.

I've a friend who was once a creationist, but now no longer so, and
accepts evolution. However, she says that now, as an evolutionist,
she finds it harder to persevere in her faith, as evolution "somehow
weakens God" in her mind.

How would people on the list approach this and encourage said person
to persevere and not to lose faith?

Iain

--
Those who can count and those who can't.