Paul in Athens

From: Chris Barden <chris.barden@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 19:32:18 EDT

Hello all,

In my Bible reading today, I came across a passage in Acts that
surprised me, for I've never heard it used in YEC circles. In Acts
17, Paul is using some kind of anthropological argument with the
Athenians when he says, in verse 26: "From one man he [God] made every
nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he
determined the times set for them and the exact places where they
should live." Can this be considered further support for reading
Paul's position e.g. Romans 5:12, 1 Cor. 15 as an orthodox Garden of
Eden and not just as "a type of the one who was to come"?

Chris

--
Christopher J. Barden, Ph.D.
Chemistry Department