Re: How to encourage a former creationist to persevere in faith?

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 17:20:42 EDT

I presume you mean a YEC, as all Christians are by definition Creationist,
hence stress belief in the Creator with methods secondary

1. Stress that most Christians accept evolution and have done for over a
century.
2. Use examples of present Christians , mention some in CIS or ASA,
depending where they live. Suggest likes of RJ Berry, Ian Prance .
3.Look to past Christians eg from 19th century
4 She may think Dawkins reflects true evolution, balance with limited
selectionists like Simon Conway Morris

A few late night thoughts

Michael