Smithsonian Situation

From: William Yates <billyates@billyates.com>
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 14:51:31 EDT

Hi--

I read today of the results of the U. S. Office of Special Counsel's
investigation regarding the actions taken against Richard Sternberg for
his editorial work in approving Stephen Meyer's article "The Origin of
Biological Information and the Higher Taxonomic Categories."

Current article:
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/klinghoffer200508160826.asp
An earlier article:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42600

I do not support Intelligent Design but the actions taken by the
Smithsonian against Sternberg in retaliation for this article are
shocking and reprehensible. Especially of concern were the actions takne
to discern his religious and political views.

Comments?

--Bill Yates

--
--Bill Yates