Re: Global warming problems in homeschool text

From: Sarah Berel-Harrop <sec@hal-pc.org>
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 01:55:53 EDT

There was recently an article in Agape Press on this,
reprinted here:

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2005/august/0817_junk_science1.shtml

It's a political link not by design, just happened to be
there looking for something else and saw the article,
thought it supports Gordon's point.

I do not really understand the why's and wherefores on
the resistance to global warming. I would note that
the eagle forum has some pretty comprehensive
curriculum plans that purport to present the Christian/
Conservative (I mean here politically conservative)
worldview, and it includes this stringent view of
science, essentially a rejection of historical science.

It's my observation that the people in Texas in the
evo wars of 2003 also were very sure of the difference
between "true science" like Mechanical Engineering and
the like (this I say not to disparage ME) and "speculation"
such as evolution. Global warming is viewed in much
the same manner.