Re: Global warming problems in homeschool text

From: Joel Moore <redsoxfan1977@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 20:05:41 EDT

My only guess is that they may be connecting satellite measurements of
the troposphere (which begin about 1975 or 1980) with ground
temperature measurements up to that point, which is of course fraught
with methodological problems. I don't know of any records that shows
temperatures levelling in the last few decades. The upper troposphere
temperature hasn't risen as quickly as expected though it has begun to
rise in the last ~5 years (which is frequently ignored by those citing
the satellite data as evidence against global warming).

One of the best sites for checking on anything with respect to global warming is
http://www.realclimate.org.

The contributors are practicing earth/climate scientists and they
always cite scientific papers on their arguments so you can read the
gory detail about what they're writing.

-Joel