Re: Mt. St. Helens and catastrophism

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 17:53:35 EDT

Sorry I forgot to add something. Many of the rocks in Snowdonia North Wales
are Ordovician volcanics and in places one finds ripple marks on the top of
a bed of volcanic ash. this indicates that the ash was not hardened when
water , either as a river or tide, washed over it and formed ripples. There
were layer on layer of ash and some had ripple marks.

Michael