Global warming problems in homeschool text

From: David C Campbell <amblema@bama.ua.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 16:31:45 EDT

I have been asked to teach a junior high physical science class for a
homeschool group. In addition to a few unsound young-earth related
claims, for which I already know some of the background, global warming
is dismissed in the textbook as agenda-based. The evidence consists of
a graph purporting to show global temperatures leveling out (with high
variability) in the last few decades after a rise before that and a
survey that claimed that a slight majority of atmospheric scientists
did not think global warming was a problem, with the next largest group
answering that we don't know. Does anyone know what data the
temperature graph might be based on or the details of the survey?

Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections
University of Alabama, Box 870345
Tuscaloosa AL 35487