Common Sense Science

From: The Fenske's <dbfenske@telus.net>
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 13:14:41 EDT

Time to leave lurker mode for just a few moments.

I'm teaching a first year chemistry course this september, and have been
reviewing sections on atomic structure. This triggered my memory that a
while ago, someone here posted a link to Common Sense Science
(www.commonsensescience.org), a creationist group who apparently have a
big problem with Quantum Theory, and propose a spinning ring model of
the atom, where electrons are spinning rings that sit localized in
space. They claim it's the best model of the atom ever. Well, I for
one can't see how it explains anything, but perhaps I'm a little slow!
Anyways, I was wondering whether this is actually taken seriously, even
in creationist circles, these days. Do AIG approve? Or are these guys
(who include the Thomas Barnes of earth's magnetic field fame) really
out on the fringes? Have any of you looked into this material?

Dave