Re: Who's opinion should be considered:

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 12:59:22 EDT

Until recently most Oxbridge dons in the arts were not doctorates. One of my
chemistry lecturers was simply M.A., F.R.S. as was Larry Wager a full
professor, who failed to finish his Ph D

Surely we are dying by degrees and those who have to have two Ph Ds when one
will do exemplify this.

Also I have recently read an M.A. an M.Th and a Ph.D theses from three
different UK universities and thus I am proud not to have a research degree.
One prof told me that if a student did the work he has to pass.

Michael