Re: Snoke's response

From: Pim van Meurs <pimvanmeurs@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 15:25:58 EDT

janice matchett wrote:

> At 12:18 PM 8/13/2005, Gregory Arago wrote:
>
>> "..... neither am I am trained in theology ....."
>

> ## You, and how many others? :) Yet many of the *untrained*
> nevertheless *voice opinions on the subject* which they inexplicably
> expect to be embraced as carrying equal weight with the opinions of
> (small "o" ) orthodox biblical scholars. That is a major point that
> many seem to overlook. These presumptuous *biblical illiterates
> *"...Do Not Deserve the Benefit of the Doubt "*
> http://www.tektonics.org/af/calcon.html
>
> *

Does this mean that those untrained in science who nevertheless voice
opinions on the subject do not deserve the benefit of the doubt either?

The article by Holding seems to reject opinions of others if they
disagree with dogmatic interpretations. And yet we know that there are
countless varying interpretations of God's Word.
I find the article represents a very anti-Christian position imho of course.

But I did find the following commentary ironically interesting

[quote]
We may have more to add to this at a later date, but it's enough for now
to settle with this conclusion: Don't take any critic's word in an age
when any person with typing skills can post a website claiming just
about anything. Chances are they haven't done a fraction of the homework
they need to do to be a reputable commentator.[/quote]