Re: "Body's defense mechanism worsens asthma symptoms" - a challenge for ID?

From: <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 16:02:46 EDT

> Are you saying that an omiscient and omnipotent Creator
>could not have
> figured out how to overcome these design problems? I
>understand that
> finite engineers find themselves making trade offs. But
>is the Creator
> similarly restricted?
> Dave

Which seems more likely? That our immune systems have
evolved to protect our bodies from invaders, and that
sometimes that immune system gets fooled into thinking a
normal body part is foreign and attacks it. Or that it
was designed to cause diseases like myasthenia gravis,
lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. etc.

Similarly, our bodies evolved to protect ourselves from
physical trauma, and bleeding, and now our clotting
mechanism is probably too robust for our 21st century
lifestyle where we are much more likely to die from
coronary artery disease than we are from the bite of a
saber tooth tiger.