Re: [BULK] - Re: Christian models of creation

From: <douglas.hayworth@perbio.com>
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 15:59:56 EDT

Sheila,

I beg to differ. God COULD lie; but we modern monotheists all have
sufficient confidence in our understanding of God's character that we are
sure that God WILL not lie. (We only say "could not" because we are so sure
of our understanding on this point. I suppose you could rightly argue that
God cannot sin, but only if your definition of sin is whatever is against
God's will.

Douglas

Please forgive the earlier empty post. The buttons won the struggle - but
only that time!
God has things He cannot do. For example, He cannot lie. He cannot sin.
God has things He won't do. He won't abide with sin. He reveal Himself
frivolously.

Sheila