Re: "Body's defense mechanism worsens asthma symptoms" - a challenge for ID?

From: Glenn Morton <glenn_morton@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 13:03:35 EDT

Naw, that came about at the time of the Fall.

Jack Haas <haas.john@comcast.net> wrote:Greetings:

The article below (assuming the science holds up) offers a current
challenge for ID proponents. What say you?
Jack

*Study reveals body's defense mechanism worsens asthma symptoms*
* *MUHC
scientists have discovered that our body's own defense mechanism causes
some of the most serious asthma symptoms. The study by MUHC researchers,
published in a recent issue of /Journal of Clinical Investigation/
(JCI), reveals that T lymphocytes--our body's defense cells--are
responsible for the airway thickening, which increases the chances of a
dangerous asthma attack. The discovery provides hope that new treatments
might be developed to combat the disease, which currently has no cure.
/EurekAlert

From the ASA Web Site:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-08/mu-srb081105.php
/