Re: TEXTBOOKS: suggestions for homeschooling?

From: Ted Davis <tdavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 13:38:13 EDT

Here's a good solution for you, douglas, at least for you as a parent of
home schooled children:

Michael Poole, Beliefs and Values in Science Education (Open University
Press)
available on the UK branch of Amazon, though I don't know whether they will
ship to the US:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0335156452/qid=1123695216/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-0337803-5664653

I now see they also do have in on the US site, although I've looked in the
past without success:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0335156452/qid=1123695342/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-3575001-7832841?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

In just a few months, there is a new book coming out by several faculty
from Wheaton, Calvin, and one or two other places, that might prove ideal.
Dorothy Chappell of Wheaton has edited it. Here's the information:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0310263832/qid=1123695446/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-3575001-7832841?v=glance&s=books

I saw proofs of the book at the ASA meeting this past weekend. It looks
simply splendid, in a word. I can't wait to try it out on students myself.

ted