Re: Stereotypes and reputations

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 11:18:24 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Iain Strachan" <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
To: "Glenn Morton" <glenn_morton@yahoo.com>
Cc: "gordon brown" <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>; "asa" <asa@calvin.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: Stereotypes and reputations

>I stand corrected about that.
>
> However, he is a fellow of Dembski's ISCID, which is commonly seen as
> an "anti-evolutionist" organization. Maybe Tipler has changed his
> views, or supports an "intelligently designed evolution" type
> position?

Just a guess but I wonder if Tipler's association with ID proponents doesn't
have more to do with a belief that those who are out of the mainstream of
the "scientific establishment" & feel that thei ideas haven't been treated
fairly need to be mutually supportive rather than with acceptance of ID
views.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/