Dr. Dobson

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 10:40:09 EDT

Gleen, when you wrote: "Burgy, I am very uncomfortable with the concept
that humans get to pick when and where the soul comes into existence. A
2 day old baby is not significantly further advanced than a 2-day
pre-birth baby and I have heard people say that the soul doesn't come
into existence until several months after birth. Thus, if that is the
place we god-like humans place the soul's existence, then infanticide is
fine and dandy.

Some have said that until one begins speaking one can't have a soul
attributed to them. But what does one do with my 11 month old
granddaughter who has been taught the sign language sign for please and
uses it repeatedly to get cherios and other tasty treats even though she
has no vocal language? She also understands the sign for all finished.

Burgy, humans aren't smart enough to pick where the sould comes into the
human species."

you went off on a tanget from my question.

Of course, humans don't "get to choose."

Burgy