Church/state

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 17:27:02 EDT

Ted Davis wrote, in part: "until
the Supreme Court reverses itself on the myth of "a wall of separation
between church and state,">

OK. TJ once tossed that phrase off in a letter as a DESCRIPTIVE (not a
PRESCRIPTIVE) of how he personally interpreted Madison's Memorial and
Remonstrance. (I know -- I over simplify here, but it suffices to pose
this question:

"In what way do you wish SCOTUS to "reverse itself?" Point to at least
one or two decisions that have gone (in your opinion) the "wrong way."

I hope that the second Gobitas decision does not qualify. I'd be
interested in your take on both Gobitas' decisions.

I ask not to debate but to understand.

Burgy