Re: Dr. Dobson

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 10:58:00 EDT

George wrote: "Clearly not since "soul" isn't a concept in the natural
sciences. Similarly for "person." & for the same reason there are no
scientific arguments that
support claims that John Burgeson or George Murphy have souls or are
persons."

That's far too easy an answer, George. There ARE scientific arguments
which logically argue (persuasive, to me) that IF souls and personhood
are real things, then an early embryo cannot possess either. I am
unwilling to say that there are NO arguments on the other side.

Perhaps I should reword the question. Making the assumption that at least
some people, including Murphy, Burgeson and the people on this list,
possess (or ARE) souls, is there any evidence that suggests when these
souls came into existence -- in particular, is there any evidence that
suggests they came into existence during the hour or so conception took
place?

Burgy