Re: Stereotypes and reputations

From: janice matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 17:29:04 EDT

At 05:12 PM 8/6/2005, Pim van Meurs wrote:
>Sure, we all have our own interpretations of this Law of nature. But let's
>not confuse private viewpoints with logical or even tenable ones. The
>founders presented a foundation which includes all viewpoints with equal
>validity.

Absolutely, but they hoped that the biblical worldview would prevail
because only under that worldview will men be interested in protecting
other men's freedom and authority as being equal to theirs. Tyranny is
impossible.

Here's one of the best explanations I've seen so far:
http://www.str.org/free/commentaries/social_issues/america.htm

Janice