Re: Stereotypes and reputations

From: Pim van Meurs <pimvanmeurs@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 16:08:41 EDT

janice matchett wrote:

> At 02:42 PM 8/6/2005, Pim van Meurs wrote:
>
>> That's why I find claims that other philosophical positions are
>> somehow irrational but one's own isn't, to be well, irrational.
>

> ### That's because you apparently embrace the only other game in town.
>
> There are only two games in town; God is God or man is god.
>
> I don't respect the opinions of those who embrace the man-centered
> religion. I believe they're irrational. :)

I undertstand that you do not believe them to be rational but that
hardly means that you should not respect differing opinions.
Additionally, you are wrong, I do not 'embrace the only other game in
town'. First of all I am a Christian, second of all there is hardly a
logical argument to be made that there are only 'two games in town'.
Life is much more complicated than a dualistic position chosen here.