Re: Stereotypes and reputations

From: <tpi.hormel@comcast.net>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 13:58:43 EDT

janice matchett wrote:
>> *Tim wrote:* /"...Another major reason for ignoring creation
>> also has to do with whether it is a necessary explanation. .."
Janice:
>> /## I assume you've been able to provide a cogent rebuttal to Alvin
>> Plantinga's arguments such as can be found in [...]

Pim:
>How does this relate to Tim's statement about 'necessary explanation'?

I can't figure that out, either. Not even with the recent reply to Pim:
Janice:
"Tip of the iceberg: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/god-necessary-being/"

Janice,
Let's put my comments back into context of the original discussion... I was not describing the creation of the universe but the development of life on Earth about 10 billion years afterwards.

I do not think Alvin Plantiga maintains that the separate *creation of species* (or 'kinds') is a necessary explanation for the pattern of life observed.

Regards, Tim I