Re: Stereotypes and reputations

From: Cornelius Hunter <ghunter2099@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 02:05:35 EDT

Tim:

It seems your reasons for rejecting creation are not very strong, and amount
to a trivial testing of God, along the lines of the Bernoulli-Kant argument
that God would not create a pattern.

> Against multiple, unrelated creation events:
> * Very strong similarities among organisms (Organisms appear related).
God can create organisms that share similarities. Imagine if there were not
very strong similarities among organisms. then we could say:
* No strong similarities among organisms (Organisms appear unrelated as if
produced by blind natural laws).

> * Appearance of new organisms in the stratigraphic record
> follows a pattern that generally correlates with relationships
> traced by cladistics.
And if this were not the case, we could say :
* Appearance of new organisms in the stratigraphic record
   follows no pattern, as if produced by multiple OOL events.

> * No physical trace of a potential creator found (e.g secondary
> artifacts).
The DNA code is not a "secondary artifact"?

> * Boundaries between species are often unclear.
And if otherwise:
* Boundaries between species are huge (as if created by multiple OOL events)

--Cornelius