RE: Response to Don P.

From: Donald Perrett (E-mail) <donperrett@theology-perspectives.net>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 01:48:16 EDT

I agree with 99% of your comments, except the race issue. Simply because
race is not a choice, religion and sex are. I apologize for going off topic
somewhat, it was my attempt to delve into the examples you gave.

The conclusion is still, it is better to attack such elective courses based
on their lack of accurate scientific basis rather than the religious one.
They may have an agenda but attacking it that way will likely get nowhere
and will play to their hand which is recognition more so than the actual YEC
science they are pushing. A child sometimes cries just to get attention and
the reason he gives for crying is irrelevant even to the child. Prove their
science wrong and even YEC parents will begin to look elsewhere. But in
doing so, you must offer these devoted Christians a form of science with a
Christian perspective. We can't just give the science alone. That is why
there are people pushing against established scientific facts. Science is
seen as atheist. Until someone steps up and can offer these parents sound
biblical understandings that relate to science then they will go where
Christ comes first and science second, even if the science is wrong. Keep
in mind that most parents don't have the scientific background that people
on this list do. Too many Christian scientists do not accept the idea of
presenting "true" factual science with a religious view. So we are where we
are today. Christian scientists playing the atheist's game and Christian
so-called scientists playing the YEC game. So until either the churches are
changed to understand that evolution and other theories are not in
contradiction to the Bible, or schools begin to allow religious perspectives
based on facts, not religious teachings, then nothing will change and the
entire discussion is pointless.

Don P